IDK...

IDK..I don't know...those words are repeated all day in every thought and conversation. It is the only answer that we all have right now. Too many opinions, theories and false information fill the air...

I stand before an empty canvas, brush in hand but lowered by my side. I want my arms around my children and grandbabies for they are what fill my world with color. We each have our stories right now. I do....So we pray and cry,we laugh and bring hope. We try to find support and act together as a team through ZOOM, FaceTime and texting and calls. Finding  a way to reach out...to be together.

FireStorm 
I painted this abstract "FireStorm" many years ago. Again at a very difficult time in my life. This piece was one of the most spontaneous works that I have ever created. An emotional work, one of those crossroads that reaffirmed to me that my painting was my true path.  I rarely paint in abstract, it is not peaceful to me. The raw emotion is hard to face. My studio is filling up with scraps of abstract right now...
As a child I found joy and peace in the woods and fields,the creeks and ponds that were my playground. Is it a wonder that now as an  adult, I would seek this out again in my landscapes and seascapes? But... my marks betray me these days. Playing hide 'n' seek with reality and dreams of my heart  my quiet pastorals and gentle seas are transforming with slashes of knife wielded colors texturing the surface of my  panels. IDK...the heart is violent, the mind questioning ...my studio is now my woods,my creeks, my seas, my refuge... IDK...idk...idk
.
#wip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...