Be Gentle ..life is tender right now.

It has been a difficult week...no, let me speak truthfully... it has been a heartrending, knee shaking,
faith tested week. My studio has been my safe place to speak, virtually, in tear-filled words to friends and family, to hear the prayers of long ago and new found friends. This pandemic has touched us all, some directly and others indirectly. I have stared at palettes of dried color, flipped through art books blurred by tears. My well cared for brushes have stiffened in shared grief and my pencils broken by a grip of frustration and anger at a government unprepared and inept.
I take deep breaths... be gentle my heart beats. Be kind and tender with yourself. Be ready to give the hugs and care for those that will need you in the weeks and months to come.
I have no painting to offer this week but I wanted to share one in my collection. The artist is a life long friend, Penny, my anchor when the storms of life have tossed me off course. I gaze at her work and feel all the emotions that our flag,wind whipped and tattered symbolizes. It honors the selflessness and the caring so many who have been called upon to find in themselves in unexplainable courage in these horror filled days.
We sing for you, we clap so you will hear what is in our hearts and this flag, our flag, will forever wave to honor you... the doctors, nurses, first responders, grocery clerks, the postal workers, the pharmacist, delivery services, the parents and the children...our neighbors and strangers.
"My Country Tis of Thee...Sweet Land of Liberty, To Thee I Sing..."
by PHood 2019

To view my paintings go to : helenharrispaintings.com
.

Comments

Penny Hood said…
Oh Kelly.... thank you for honoring the truth in so many Of our hearts right now. The tattered flag is full of life, solidarity and courage...and so are we! We can choose to be.... ❤️❤️❤️ Penny

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...