Small Works...for Big Ideas.

How do I express the many sights and  awestruck moments that I enjoyed on my trip West ?

I attempted to keep a journal on my trip but quickly discovered that there were only so many ways that I could say "wow!' . Words simply failed to express the wonder of such immense, open land. 
I tried some photographs and was more successful, but still felt that the 360 degree vision of clouds in a crisp morning air was lost in the flatness of the shot. I recorded the facts and now as I paint each day I am trying to convey the feelings that were present. 
Little by little the images are beginning to appear as I sift through all that I absorbed from walking in this wonderland of mountains, plains and coast, through pines and sage and drought dried riverbeds. 
As I prepare to paint larger canvases than I've ever tackled before, I decided to work out the images not only in my sketches but as small paintings.  
My Etsy shop  features  these "small works " and they are available for purchase.

Wyoming

Idaho: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...