Originals,Prints or Paintings on Product

I would really like to enter into a dialogue with other artists about using other product to sell your work.
To date all of my work sold has been originals. I have sold hundreds of pieces through reps, my art shows, on Etsy etc. making use of many outlets but all have been originals,even my greeting cards have been originals!
 I do have my FineArtAmerica site operating http://helen-harris.artistwebsites.com but to date have not had any orders.
My rationale for selling only originals has been that since my work is highly textured I feel that much is lost in flattening the image to 2 dimensions.
Textures are my signature mixed media  painting technique.
Reentering the market after an extended break I find the market highly changed.Prints seem to be the main selling item at the art fairs.
I just received an email from another website inquiring about putting my work on their product,not for compensation but for the opportunity to advertise and bring traffic to my web site. I find myself balking.  Am I just being stubborn and missing an opportunity to expand my selling base?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...