Sea Squall...Sold!


My last entry showed the beginnings of this piece on the left.
My exploration of a more sculptural approach with my textures on canvas was an exciting new study for me. Refining and defining the various levels of textures was challenging. Many glazes of watercolor were applied to add depth to the shadowed areas. The papyrus piers and birds anchored the abstract image in a suggested reality.
I have been inviting many of my customers into my new studio space that I recently  inhabit and while working on this piece I received an offer of purchase....I accepted!
This is the final version that was sold ."Sea Squall" is 12" x 12", an acrylic and  watercolor collage of rice papers ,papyrus, torn  300lb. watercolor paper and sea shells.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...