Patterns


I've been a working artist long enough to have a grasp of the patterns that occur in my day in the studio. A particular vexing one is that on the heels of a successful show, my work plummets ... then soars! Excitement from succeeding gives way to unexpected doubts of failure. This used to throw me into a deep depression for weeks. The crippling critic that would take over my brush at times like this has been banished from my studio.
It has taken the every day working habits of putting brush to paper to work through this brain freeze. A tremendous help has been the positive coaching through reading of articles and blogs of many artists sharing generously of their experiences. The studio can become a very lonely place when it is not fueled by positive, creative energy.
You know exactly what I"m taking about! Like it or not we all have these patterns of creativity. Have you faced yours? Examining and understanding how you work is as much a part of your business plan as is your method of marketing .In fact, understanding your patterns will help put that business plan on track. If it is in tune with the rhythms of your patterns it is more likely to succeed.
The painting featured here is FireStorm. A complete break away from my normal patterns, in subject,palette and size. I painted from morning until night. The energy was spent arriving at at new destination on my path . I silenced the critic that told me that this was not my norm...I played. I learned. I succeeded... I can keep on going!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...