Balancing Act!


. My last post "Too Many Shows?!" drew the most comments that I've ever received on a post . Thank you to all that took the time to reply.
Balancing the time to market in all these shops v. producing the work to have full venues goes to the heart of the matter. It wouldn't matter if you had 1,2 or more venues ...if you can keep up quality & quantity.
In the last week I've booked 2 exhibits and was accepted into 2 more outdoor shows...and I have 2 more applications out there. Is it possible that my ability to market is out pacing my painting?Painting originals has its draw backs at moments like this.As I see it, as long as it 's the sale of paintings that presents an inventory problem ,that's a good sign. If it is simply not painting enough to meet each commitment ...now that's just a problem that needs to be solved. Time management....just moved to the top of my marketing list but how does it correspond to my creativity? I'll never forget a line from Edna Wagner Piersol in her book "Living by your Brush Alone".." any artist who waits to be inspired is likely to be a starving artist.I'm inspired to eat three times a day,so my brush has to be inspired to move at least three times a day." lol.....its lunch time...see ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...