You Can't Do It All


Multi-tasking...revisited! There was a day when all nighters were possible.

I managed home,family, 9-5 job and still painted throughout the early morning hours.

Yes, that was then ...this is now.

The now is a result of putting into practice my blog of January 9, "Is It Working for You?"

Since then, I have kept the phrase "working artist" in front of me ..literally. I have it written on my bulletin board. Reminding me that my painting is my business, not a hobby or something to do between jobs.With this in mind, streamlining my day has been at the top of my list.

You can't do it all! As much as I may wish it, I have to admit the first thing to go is multi-tasking.

Be it age, energy, or just getting better at working smarter , focusing on the task at hand has reaped far greater benefits and results recently than all the years of juggling a multitude of tasks at one time. It will be a different set of skills and tasks for each of us.

Today, look at your list. Find what needs your greatest attention and do just that! Thoroughly ,completely, excellently.....mission accomplished.

Now...be kind to yourself, relax, play ...knowing it was a good day of work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...