Sticky?

I was painting late last night. My painterly brain loop was on automatic . Those 7 elements of design : line,value, color,texture,shape ,size and direction were all in play. But wait! What was that whisper? That vague formation of another word or two? Gasp! It was coming from that other world ...internet! Yes, I actually stood in front of my work and asked myself if it was "sticky"and what kind of "bounce rate " it would have! LOL! But how true. How often do you witness your viewer at a show, gallery or museum , barely gazing at your painting? Was there not enough content to hold attention? Did it get a superficial glance before your viewer was off to the next piece or other artist's work, eyes bouncing off one to another? Think about it today as you work.The answer will be different for each of us. How do you hold your viewers attention?

Comments

Maria said…
Hi nice reading youur post

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...