Which Way? That Way!


As I promised I am posting the finish of my last painting . "Hanna's Storm", the image is 12"H x19"W . I am about to mat and frame it.
I was able to develop the light and feel of the storm that had just passed. This piece was actually inspired by Hurricane Hanna that I watched as the daughter of a close friend was exchanging wedding vows !
It is unusual for my work to have structures or objects,such as the boats . I find that the more I paint experimently in acrylics, the more my watercolor paintings develop a layering of texture and color and detail. I have enjoyed the beginning splashes of color across the paper, painted with great energy and abandon to be followed by the control and shaping of the details. There are just some piece that simply feel right and this one did.
The greatest joy is that I get to start another one....!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...