Bloomin'


A suggestion from my art rep has opened up a new subject for my work. Florals have never been an interesting subject matter for me. It does not have the wide expanse of landscape. It lacked the variety of textures that I love. That was the "story"that I have told myself for so long.


Now, after a week of playing, not with a particular flower form but rather the idea of a floral compostion, I think I have found an enjoyable image. I've painted a number of variations of a similar composition and I'm still interested and not bored. A playful splash of color, a textured pot and an exhuberant spray of greens has actually proved productive! Working in a small format has now expanded to a fuller size with great expectations. This couldn't have come at a better time .Spring is just around the corner and I'll have plenty of inspiration to look forward to from my gardens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...