In the Margins

Recently I read an article by Kirsty Hall http://kirstyhall.co.uk/blog/2007/10/10-top-tips-for-artists/, that had a phrase that caught my eye. She spoke about "working in the margins of your day." It was an instant recognition of how I have managed my journey as an artist while juggling
home, children, partners and work schedules. I look around and I find art books at every place that I pause in a day, marked till I return to whisk through a sentence or two. There are scraps of paper with quick sketches capturing a moment in time to be mentally cataloged for a future painting tucked here and there. It has been these little moments through out a day that have pushed me forward and added up to an accumulation of efforts that bring about a feeling of accomplishment each day. I 've learned "to do" when life does not make it easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...