East to West ...at 80mph

Laying out a new palette of colors...the West is so different from what I'm used to in the East. Did I mention the colors in between of the Mid West?
  The last 15 days of my life have been driving through out this beautiful country, 7000 miles to and from. Until now most of my life has been along the Eastern Atlantic seacoast. Blues and varied greens, deep tones of purples have been the hues of my life. I reached the Pacific coast. Drought has dried the mighty rivers and turned the green tinged, rocky wilderness to tones of yellowed brown suedes. Silvery /violet sage brush withstand the harsh, unrelenting sun. Smoke from over 200 fires blanketed the ridges. Astonished by the vast grazing pastures and ever-present cornfields interrupted by farms of wind turbines, the images are starting to take form in my first sketches in pen & watercolor...paintings sure to follow.
Will this be my theme for my upcoming Spring show in 2016? Time will tell. Can I connect the dots of my life long painterly East coast experience to the brief exposure to such a stunningly different horizon? I really don't know,but am excited to see what happens next on my canvases. Follow me!

                                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...