The Cookie Cab Gallery

As hoped...The Cookie Cab Gallery has come into existence. I have filled the walls with art work from a local art group, provided them with a meeting place and initiated a commission for one of the artist...all while baking & selling cookies! The group is currently having an ATC (Artist Trading Card) activity.

The reality of painting again is not an easy one to attempt each day ,especially as work increases with holiday orders. I have splashed in some paint but more importantly I have returned to my drawing. On Wednesday evenings, The Cooke Cab stays open until 8pm to accommodate a large group of high school students that enjoy a teen night at the local library. We bake/ chaperon & interact with this group in our shop . I have enjoyed the activity of observing & sketching the scene and will post some drawings soon.
As the days pass The Cookie Cab is evolving into something more than just a bake shop...and being a part of it is an unexpected joy. Lol ...Sharon, the other half of the baking team ( also an artist/photographer) has declared "cookie dough is our canvas and royal icing is our medium!"
Remember ,you can become a fan of The Cookie Cab on Facebook too! I'll be featuring work of the invited artists on the Facebook page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...