Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Entrecard ..My Decision

Ok..having left a number of comments on other blogs in response to their blog posts on the changes in Entrecard, I feel it is time to briefly state my thoughts.
I will continue to use Entrecard as I originally did, accepting and purchasing ads for credits in subject matter that interest me and my following . This would be art/craft, artists /crafter, some blogging & or computer related help, recycling/green /environmental information ...hmmmm home and garden...too.
I will accept paid ads ..ONLY if they are relevant to my site.
Please do not apply if you do not fit the categories. I will reject them as not relevant.
I am not interested in the new Entrecard format of purchasing/ payout cash system.
I appreciate bloggers who actually take the time to read others posts, thoughtfully leave occasional comments and find new friends.
Please don't just click through....you may actually learn something new!
"Nuff said...back to the drawing board!"

ps..... please click & drop your card in the left hand column...I'll visit you asap.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. You are currently running a paid ad for CashSherpa.com. Not sure how that relates to your site. Did they sneak one past you?

Helen Harris said...

I originally had ok'd most ads .I then experienced some inappropriate ads showing up. I canceled that ad once already...this is one of the
problems that Entrecard is having. The other problem was the same ad was showing up on every site which was extremely limiting to drop thru to other blogs. I'll try canceling again ...thanks.

On a Whimsey said...

I am not sure about this paid ad business. I preferred it when points were earned etc. The original concept of finding interesting blogs to read, dropping on them and earning from the privilege seemed a really good one. We shall see.

Helen Harris said...

On a Whimsey..thanks for your comment.I feel that I want to be supportive of change but tempered by
reasonable vigilance & respect for my readers.

Coloraddiction said...

Yep, your post pretty much echos my own thoughts on EC. :) Your blog is great!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I admire your keeping up with "change" ...

Maggie said...

I had accepted some paid ad to both my blogs on the first day of the program, and thought I would see how it went- well those same paid ads were still active today! SO I have decided to only accept EC credits for ads.

Sinclair said...

I am currently not accepting any paid ads. If they change to a double widget or something, then I probably would. I also am not interested in the cash out system. The beauty of this whole thing was that it DIDN'T use "real world" cash. I don't need that headache, and I liked it the way it was. Thanks for the post.

Helen Harris said...

Thank you all for such a strong response!
I believe my views of my blog have been on the rise since I've stated my policy. I believe many of us liked the original format of entrecards as Sinclair stated ,simply because it was not a "real world cash" system.

Campbell Jane said...

I have read the pay out thing but not sure I truly understand it all. Thanks for sharing.