Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sasha's Creek (revisited)


I decided to pull this painting out of its matting and framing and revise some areas. I added more foreground textures, brightened the skies , added more color to the dark waters and punched up the tones in the trees. I know some artists feel that once a painting is finished ...it is finished , never to be touched again.

I guess I'm a little more pragmatic . I find it perfectly alright ,provided the painting is still in my ownership, to freshen it up. My skills continue to grow and the paintings that have stayed too long , unsold ,need to be critiqued once again. In many cases, I have subsequently sold the revised work.




5 comments:

Split Rock Ranch said...

I LOVE what you've done with it! So much brighter, colorful and vibrant.

Melissa said...

Very lovely painting. You are very gifted.

HammelmanArt said...

Great result. Not that it needed anything, except that you thought so. I have done this a few times because we grow a little and change as time goes by. New perspective. I have even looked at something I thought was a failure and decided it was a success after all.

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Great. You've improved it and I think it was nice before. I love puting a painting away and coming back to it and seeing what it needs to impove it. Nice job Helen.

Campbell Jane said...

Love this. Makes me feel like I'm there getting ready to dip my toe into the cool water!