Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New Directions..

This original,mixed media painting featured on the right is my newest painting. Sirocco is a departure from my usual painting in that it is a work on canvas. Highly textured,this 12"H x 12"W watermedia work is currently available through ArtFire and Fine Art America.
This piece was conceived as an example for my participants in my last mixed media workshop. I wanted to show the multiple techniques that can be applied in mixed media.
I am currently beginning a new painting by resurrecting an old painting.
My new blog, PaintersBrew is establishing itself as an instructional ,exploratory site in mixed media.
Please join me, as we explore this painting style.
sold

10 comments:

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

Girl I LOVE THIS piece!!!!!!The colors, the texture, the mood, it is fabulous!

Helen Harris said...

Robin...lol! I was envious of your bold colors. Had to give it a try ..my way. Thank you.

Tomas Karkalas said...

Your painting talks. It was a pleasure to dream over my cup of coffee together with your artworks that have pierced deeply into my heart. Thank you

Gregorio said...

I really enjoy the way you are using the textures in your work.Photos will not give them the proper representation they deserve.Although the enlargement gives a tantalizing taste of the real work.These are all wonderful pieces.Take care

Helen Harris said...

Thank you ,Gregorio..this one sold very quickly. Encouraging, especially since I had experimented with the surface texture on canvas instead of my usual 300lb. paper.

One Creative Queen said...

I keep meaning to tell you, I LOVE this piece. The mix of colors, the texture, the scene - everything goes so well together. You did a fantastic job - impressive! Katherine :)

A.J.Johnson said...

Nothing that I might say would ever be enough to convey the mastery of your art, beautiful, outstanding, I will return to enjoy again.

storybeader said...

it's beautiful! I saw your EC card on another blog (I think it was Tomas'), and had to come by and see your work!

Helen Harris said...

A.J. & storybeader: thanks for the comments! I've found your blogs through linkreferral & entrecard. It certainly has introduced me to a talented new group of artists friends. Nice to meet you!

Sarah said...

All your pieces are beautiful, but i love this one, so gorgeous, and the colours are amazing.