Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Canyon River

This is the newest mixed media work that I have completed. It is also the one that I am currently featuring in " how to" discussions on my instructional site PaintersBrew.
Canyon River is 18"H x 24" W and is on watercolor canvas. It features my signature texturing
of papyrus, unryu papers and textured gels. It is currently available by clicking on the Fine Art America link in my left hand column. A nice feature on this site is the ability to zoom in on segments of an image for closer views. Please take a moment and click on over...and welcome!

4 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Really beautiful, both rugged and serene. You sure can do water!

Helen Harris said...

Sharkbytes..the key to getting the flow of water was literally splashing acrylic inks across the surface. I then hit it with a directional spray of water & I was able to tilt the canvas to allow the color to flow where I wanted it to go.

Melissa said...

That is beautiful, I love it. I am a huge fan of outdoors, and or scenery paintings.

Audrey said...

That is amazing!! Truely lovely work!