Forward & Backward

This morning a prospectus for an art show venue arrived in the mail. I was pulled up short when I realised that I may be overlooking the efforts from the past that I have already established and had success. Over the years there have been countless shows, some worked some didn't. In times of economic security it is easy to dismiss those sites that weren't quite lucretive,but can we now?Looking over my notes that I keep on each show,I reviewed why I may have chosen not to do it again in following years .Was it weather, other commitments ,lack of crowds, bad publicity,too new? Have circumstances changed? It does pay to be choosey, to know your sites but some deserve a second look. Go back, rethink, and perhaps retry these venues. Crowds, weather, economy all are subject to change.I've been focused on marketing in new venues of late when perhaps a look backwards will bring me forward too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...