A passing thought...passed on

I found the following quote in the pile of papers I had the urge to sort. I must've saved it once and just rediscovered it. As we approach the end of this year and are about to begin another, I thought it was worth sharing as it was shared with me.
It was written awhile ago from a person that goes by the name of sasto65 on the painting forum from About. com in answer to another's question :
"Should you start painting in your 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 100?"
"I feel a person should start today. Each person has 24 hours, regardless of their age, to make choices about what to do with those hours. I try to think of a lifetime existing in a day. Considering each morning a birth and each night a death gives me an immediacy to my painting and everything else that truly matters to me. it rearranges priorities for me, because I cannot know if I will have another day. this may be it. How precious the moments become. I ask myself, if I were gone tomorrow, will I have done all I am capable of doing? When the answer is yes, I sleep well. It is neither too late nor too early to start. It is today, and today is for painting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking to myself...again!

If there is dark then...

The Gifts...