Friday, September 26, 2008

Which Way? That Way!


As I promised I am posting the finish of my last painting . "Hanna's Storm", the image is 12"H x19"W . I am about to mat and frame it.
I was able to develop the light and feel of the storm that had just passed. This piece was actually inspired by Hurricane Hanna that I watched as the daughter of a close friend was exchanging wedding vows !
It is unusual for my work to have structures or objects,such as the boats . I find that the more I paint experimently in acrylics, the more my watercolor paintings develop a layering of texture and color and detail. I have enjoyed the beginning splashes of color across the paper, painted with great energy and abandon to be followed by the control and shaping of the details. There are just some piece that simply feel right and this one did.
The greatest joy is that I get to start another one....!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this piece. I appreciated the description of how you approached and worked it.

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I love this.....it's beautiful. The colors... the story it tells. Great job.

Robin Maria Pedrero said...

You brought the beauty of a severe storm out in this piece. Lovely.

Helen, Thank you for visiting my blog. You are on target! I am doing the same sending email and postcards. I even have an art give away going on. Thank you for your encouragement

Yankeegirl said...

Helen, I received your postcard today with "Hanna's Storm" on it. It is so gorgeous that I had to come to your blog and comment on it. You truly blow me away with your talent (no pun intended!!).Hope to someday see you in person fellow Jersey shore girl!! Yankeegirl (from Etsy)

Suzanne McDermott said...

I just found your blog through Nancy Van Blaricom. I love this piece! It's beautifully done and the details are so interesting. I'm looking forward to exploring your site more.